SUMMER SWEATER KNIT ALONG 2014
Knit along with us this summer to make your favorite new sweater just in time to wear for the fall!
Here is a quick handy reference of all of our Summer Sweater Knit Along posts!
- Provisional Cast-On Tutorial with Guest Hilary Smith Callis of The Yarniad!
- Provisional Bind Off Tutorial with Guest Bristol Ivy!
- Weaving in Ends with Guest Jane Richmond
- Colorwork Demystified with Guest Tanis Fiber Arts
- STARRING YOU!
Thank you for knitting along with me!
// START DATE
The KAL will start on July 3oth. You can sign up and join in at any time throughout the KAL.
// END DATE
The KAL will end on Sept. 24th with a fun giveaway!
// HOW TO SIGN UP
Enter your info into this private form to be eligible for the prizes for the giveaway! You must have a project in progress during the KAL to be eligible. Projects already begun before the KAL started are allowed to be joined into the KAL. You can also double up KAL's if you are in an existing KAL.
// RULES OF THE KAL
- Have fun! For reals! That's a rule..lol! You must have fun!
- You can join the KAL with a project already started. We encourage people to finish up those WIP's. If you are half way though you might want to wait a week or two before joining in to make it fair :) We also encourage playing nicely.
- You don't have to finish your project by the end of the KAL (though we encourage that) to be eligible for the prize. We just want ya to join in :)
WHERE CAN YOU FIND US TO JOIN IN?
1. RAVELRY. Find the KAL running in the Very Shannon Ravelry Group. The thread to chat in will be up today sometime so you can all pop in and share which projects you will be making, swatches, yarn choices etc. This is the part I find the most fun! I love all the chatting, friendships, laughs and support. If you haven't joined in over there before for our KAL's you should give it a try.
2. PINTEREST. We will have a fun Summer Sweater Knit Along Pinterest Board where you can find other people's projects pinned to see different yarns, sizes, and get inspiration. We will be adding to this pinboard as the KAL progresses throughout the month so please share your projects pics with us! We love to see them!
3. BLOGS. Each week throughout the KAL, I will be posting along with some special guests. You will be able to read each of my posts hopefully every Wed throughout the duration of the knit along.
4. SOCIAL MEDIA. You can follow along with pics and more with the hashtag #sskal14. You can find me on facebook, twitter, instagram and google+.
// KNITTING GARMENTS
When it comes to knitting garments it can be a whirlwind of thrilling emotions - excitement, trepidation, anxiety, confusion, happiness, confidence, pleasure and more. But the best part out of the process is the sheer joy of making a beautiful handmade garment that fits! Our SSKAL strives to help cheer you on throughout the entire process. From planning/cast on to binding off/blocking we can't wait to be a part of you making this new addition to your wardrobe!
For some lovely & well constructed garment pattern inspiration we highly recommend one of our all time favorite companies - Brooklyn Tweed! They are sure to have a pattern to make your heart swoon! The collections below are filled with simple stunners to intricate pretties, and let's not forget about the kids and men in our lives! They have awesome patterns for those too! Brooklyn Tweed designs are sure to have superior craftsmanship and knitterly detail.
Brooklyn Tweed also offers scrumptious yarns! Shelter (Worsted) and Loft (Fingering) are both yarns I have knit with and love. Brooklyn Tweed produces American yarns that preserve, support and sustain their belief in the tradition of U.S. textile production.
Shelter and Loft are both fleece-dyed to achieve light and lofty yarns boasting 32 rich custom-blended heathers. These yarns give even the simplest fabrics depth and sophistication! They are truly a staple workhorse yarn to add to your stash and great for garment knitting.
Pattern collections we recommend:
// SUMMER SWEATER KNIT ALONG SPONSORS
Our sponsors play a big role in our regular knit alongs and their generous prizes make our giveaways extra fun!
Please show them some support & love and visit their lovely businesses!