TOPS, TANKS & TEES KNIT ALONG 2015
Knit along with us this spring to add a lovely new top, tank or tee to your summer wardrobe!
Here is a quick handy reference of all of our Tops, Tanks & Tees Knit Along posts!
.....more to come soon!
// START DATE
The KAL will start on May 13th, 2015. You can sign up and join in at any time throughout the KAL.
// END DATE
The KAL will tentatively end on June 3rd, 2015 (we sometimes do an extension), with a fun giveaway!
// RULES OF THE KAL
- Have fun! For reals! That's a rule..lol! You must have fun!
- You can join the KAL with a project already started. We encourage people to finish up those WIP's. If you are half way though you might want to wait a week or two before joining in to make it fair :)
- You don't have to finish your project by the end of the KAL (though we encourage that) to be eligible for the prize. We just want ya to join in :)
- Your item can be any type of garment that fits in the tops, tanks & tees category. We do allow cardigans and sweater/pullovers as long as they have 3/4 length sleeves or shorter. No full length sleeves allowed. Items made can be for any age or gender.
// HOW TO SIGN UP
Enter your info into the FORM BELOW to be eligible for the prizes for the giveaway! You must have a project in progress during the KAL to be eligible.
// WHERE CAN YOU FIND US TO JOIN IN?
1. RAVELRY. Find the KAL running in the Very Shannon Ravelry Group. Chat in the thread and share which projects you will be making, swatches, yarn choices etc. This is the part I find the most fun! I love all the chatting, friendships, laughs and support. If you haven't joined in over there before for our KAL's you should give it a try.
2. BLOG. Throughout the KAL you will find posts on our blog. We sometimes also have special guests join!
3. SOCIAL MEDIA. You can follow along with pics and more with the hashtag #TTTKAL. You can find me on facebook, twitter, instagram and google+.
GET INSPIRED + JOIN IN THE FUN! USE OUR HASHTAG #TTTKAL
Please link up your projects during the KAL in our ravelry group or by leaving your blog post links in our blog comments so we can pin and share your projects as well! We love to see your wip's and fo's! You can also find inspiration for the knit along on our TTKAL pinterest board! It's filled with projects we love!
KNITTING FOR WARMER WEATHER
We're so excited you're joining in for the Tops, Tanks & Tees Knit Along! We think you should keep wearing & working on your knits all year round no matter the season or weather!
Break out of the cold weather knitting mindset and start dreaming about adding a stylish tank top or cute tee to your knitwear wardrobe! I promise they are just as fun to knit & wear!
When knitting for warmer weather you want to look for great layering pieces and garments that breathe with you. Linen and cotton are super popular for warm weather knitting. Think light airy tanks and tees or a flowing cardigan with elbow length sleeves. These would all fit effortlessly into your summer wearables.
Paired with shorts & capris, or over pretty summer dresses, I'm sure your TTTKAL project will be your new go to piece this summer! Don't miss some the gorgeous collections of patterns that are some of our favorites from this year's prime sponsor - Quince & Co. below! We hope they'll get you inspired to start knitting along with us!
FEATURED YARNS FROM QUINCE & CO.
What yarns can you use for warmer weather projects? When looking for yarns that will complement your spring/summer knitting projects look for breathable and lighter weights. I recommend the following yarns from our sponsor Quince & Co. - KESTREL, SPARROW, FINCH & CHICKADEE. Their linens, sport weight and fingering are gorgeous yarns to work your new project in! All Quince & Co. yarns are 100% grown, processed, spun, dyed, twisted, and labeled in the USA, and are 100% natural.
Curious about how to knit with linen? Don't fear! We've got a great post from one of our fave designers - Hannah Fettig (of Knitbot) on working with linen! You can find it HERE on our Tips & Techniques page.
STYLES FOR WARMER WEATHER
Compared to years ago there are so many more options available to knitters for stylish and fun knits for the warmer months! Tank tops and tees galore!
There are sizes to flatter all figures, and patterns ranging from simple stockinette to pretty lace. If you're looking for a certain style odds are you can now find that must have pretty staple to add to your summer closet!
Click on the images to the left to see some of our favorite styles from Quince & Co.! Their pieces are effortless, lovely and sure to effortlessly find a home in your closet!
Need help knitting a garment? Check out our Tips & Techniques page for some helpful posts!
Pattern Collections We Recommend:
TOPS TANKS & TEES KNIT ALONG SPONSORS
Our sponsors play a big role in our regular knit alongs and their generous prizes make our giveaways extra fun!
Please show them some support & love and visit their lovely businesses!
OUR OFFICIAL TOPS, TANKS & TEES SPONSOR
TOPS, TANKS & TEES PRIZE SPONSORS
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
New knitter? Looking to learn a new technique? Check out our Tips & Techniques section for helpful posts, videos, tutorials and more!
KNIT ALONG DIRECTORY
Interested in our other Knit Alongs? Click here to find our full knit along directory!