SUMMER SWEATER KNIT ALONG 2015
Knit a garment with us this summer so you can sport your new handmade lovely just in time for the fall/winter!
Here is a quick handy reference of all of our Summer Sweater Knit Along posts!
- How to Knit from a Chart (& free tutorial download!) with guest Pom Pom Quarterly!
- Pairing Colors for Knitters with Guest Julie Asselin
// START DATE
The KAL will start on July 29th, 2015. You can sign up and join in at any time throughout the KAL.
// END DATE
The KAL will tentatively end on September 23rd, 2015 with a fun giveaway!
// RULES OF THE KAL
- Have fun! For reals! That's a rule..lol! You must have fun!
- You can join the KAL with a project already started. We encourage people to finish up those WIP's. If you are half way though you might want to wait a week or two before joining in to make it fair :)
- You don't have to finish your project by the end of the KAL (though we encourage that) to be eligible for the prize. We just want ya to join in :)
- Your item can be any type of garment that fits in the sweater category. We do allow cardigans and sweater/pullovers as long as they have elbow length sleeves or longer. Items made can be for any age or gender.
// HOW TO SIGN UP
Enter your info into the FORM BELOW to be eligible for the prizes for the giveaway! You must have a project in progress during the KAL to be eligible.
// WHERE CAN YOU FIND US TO JOIN IN?
1. RAVELRY. Find the KAL running in the Very Shannon Ravelry Group. Chat in the thread and share which projects you will be making, swatches, yarn choices etc. This is the part I find the most fun! I love all the chatting, friendships, laughs and support. If you haven't joined in over there before for our KAL's you should give it a try.
2. BLOG. Throughout the KAL you will find posts on our blog. We sometimes also have special guests join!
3. SOCIAL MEDIA. You can follow along with pics and more with the hashtag #SSKAL15. You can find me on facebook, twitter, instagram and google+.
GET INSPIRED + JOIN IN THE FUN! USE OUR HASHTAG #SSKAL15
Please link up your projects during the KAL in our ravelry group or by leaving your blog post links in our blog comments so we can pin and share your projects as well! We love to see your wip's and fo's! You can also find inspiration for the knit along on our SSKAL Pinterest Board! It's filled with projects we love!
BROOKLYN TWEED YARNS
Brooklyn Tweed is our official sponsor this year again and I couldn't resist sharing a bit about their wonderful yarns!
Brooklyn Tweed yarns are spun in New Hampshire with the fleece of Wyoming-grown Targhee-Columbia sheep.
Shelter and Loft are both fleece-dyed to achieve light and lofty yarns boasting 32 rich custom-blended heathers. These yarns give even the simplest fabrics depth and sophistication! They are truly a staple workhorse yarn to add to your stash and great for garment knitting.
If you haven't tried them before I highly suggest using them for a garment you're looking to knit for this years Summer Sweater Knit Along. They are a joy to work with and will leave you with a treasured garment for years to come.
You can read all about the Brooklyn Tweed Yarn Story HERE on their website.
SWEATER STYLES WE LOVE
When it comes to knitting garments it can be a whirlwind of thrilling emotions - excitement, trepidation, anxiety, confusion, happiness, confidence, pleasure and more. But the best part out of the process is the sheer joy of making a beautiful handmade garment that fits! Our SSKAL strives to help cheer you on throughout the entire process. From planning/cast on to binding off/blocking we can't wait to be a part of you making this new addition to your wardrobe!
For some lovely & well constructed garment pattern inspiration we highly recommend one of our all time favorite companies - Brooklyn Tweed! They are sure to have a pattern to make your heart swoon! We've put together some of our faves in a slideshow above. They are filled with simple stunners to intricate pretties, and let's not forget about the kids and men in our lives! They have awesome patterns for those too! Brooklyn Tweed designs are sure to have superior craftsmanship and knitterly detail.
We also recommend the latest swoon worthy BT pattern collections shown below. They are truly inspiring and filled to the brim with gorgeousness.
Pattern Collections We Recommend:
SUMMER SWEATER KNIT ALONG SPONSORS
Our sponsors play a big role in our regular knit alongs and their generous prizes make our giveaways extra fun!
Please show them some support & love and visit their lovely businesses!
OUR OFFICIAL TOPS, TANKS & TEES SPONSOR
...and more to come!
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
New knitter? Looking to learn a new technique? Check out our Tips & Techniques section for helpful posts, videos, tutorials and more!
KNIT ALONG DIRECTORY
Interested in our other Knit Alongs? Click here to find our full knit along directory!
ALL IMAGES © JARED FLOOD / BROOKLYN TWEED (except advertisements)