TOPS, TANKS & TEES KNIT ALONG 2016
Knit along with us this spring from April 18th - May 20th to add a lovely new top, tank or tee to your summer wardrobe!
Here is a quick handy reference of all of our Tops, Tanks & Tees Knit Along 2016 blog posts!
...more coming soon!
APRIL 18TH - JUNE 10TH
You can sign up and join in at any time throughout the KAL.
The knit along sometimes can run longer if we all vote for an extension.
We always end the knit along with a fabulous giveaway with prizes from our generous sponsors (shown below).
RULES OF THE KAL
- Have fun! For reals! That's a rule...lol! You must have fun!
- You can join the KAL with a project already started. We encourage people to finish up those WIP's. If you are half way though you might want to wait a week or two before joining in to make it fair :)
- You don't have to finish your project by the end of the KAL (though we encourage that) to be eligible for the prize. We just want ya to join in :)
- Your item can be any type of garment as long as it doesn't have full length sleeves (elbow length and 3/4 length are acceptable). We do allow cardigans and sweater/pullovers. Items made can be for any age or gender.
WHERE CAN YOU FIND US TO JOIN IN?
1. RAVELRY. Find the KAL running in the Very Shannon Ravelry Group. Chat in the thread and share which projects you will be making, swatches, yarn choices etc. This is the part I find the most fun! I love all the chatting, friendships, laughs and support. If you haven't joined in over there before for our KAL's you should give it a try.
2. BLOG. Throughout the KAL you will find posts on our blog. We sometimes also have special guests join!
3. SOCIAL MEDIA. You can follow along with pics and more with the hashtag #TTTKAL (and #TTTKAL16). You can find me on facebook, twitter, instagram and google+.
GET INSPIRED + JOIN IN THE FUN! USE OUR HASHTAG #TTTKAL16
Please link up your projects during the KAL in our ravelry group or by leaving your blog post links in our blog comments so we can pin and share your projects as well! We love to see your wip's and fo's! You can also find inspiration for the knit along in our TTTKAL Ravelry Bundle! It's filled with projects we love!
WHAT IS THE TOPS, TANKS & TEES KNIT ALONG?
We're so excited you're joining in for the Tops, Tanks & Tees Knit Along! We think you should keep wearing & working on your knits all year round no matter the season or weather!
Break out of the cold weather knitting mindset and start dreaming about adding a stylish tank top or cute tee to your knitwear wardrobe! I promise they are just as fun to knit & wear!
When knitting for warmer weather you want to look for great layering pieces and garments that breathe with you. Linen and cotton are super popular for warm weather knitting. Think light airy tanks and tees or a flowing cardigan with elbow length sleeves. These would all fit effortlessly into your summer wearables.
Paired with shorts & capris, or over pretty summer dresses, I'm sure your TTTKAL project will be your new go to piece this summer! Don't miss some the gorgeous collections of patterns that are some of our favorites from this year's prime sponsor - Quince & Co. below! We hope they'll get you inspired to start knitting along with us!
What yarns can you use for warmer weather projects?
When looking for yarns that will complement your spring/summer knitting projects look for breathable and lighter weights. I recommend the following yarns from our sponsor Quince & Co. - KESTREL, SPARROW, WILLET & FINCH. Their linens, cotton, sport weight and fingering are gorgeous yarns to work your new project in! All Quince & Co. yarns are 100% grown, processed, spun, dyed, twisted, and labeled in the USA, and are 100% natural.
You can read more about the Quince & Co. story on their website HERE.
WHAT TYPE OF GARMENT CAN I MAKE FOR THE TTTKAL?
Knitting a garment to wear during the warm seasons of the year can at first sound intimidating but trust me - it's quite fun! There are new fibres to knit with and fall head over heels for, stylish silhouettes to explore, new shapes and techniques to learn and you end up with a functional and lovely new piece to add to your handmade wardrobe!
There are sizes to flatter all figures, and patterns ranging from simple stockinette to pretty lace. If you're looking for a certain style odds are you can now find that must have pretty staple to add to your summer closet! When choosing your pattern for the TTTKAL you want to look for a versatile piece! You can make anything you'd like as long as it's a garment and doesn't have full length sleeves (3/4 length and elbow length qualify). Feel free to whip up a tank, a tee or a pretty shrug or cardigan! We want you to make something that is going to be worn often and enjoyed.
Click on the images below to see some of our favorite styles from Quince & Co.! Their pieces are effortless, lovely and sure to effortlessly find a home in your closet! You can also pop over to our Ravelry TTTKAL Bundle to see a ton of our fave patterns to make for the TTTKAL
Our sponsors play a big role in our regular knit alongs and their generous prizes make our giveaways extra fun!
Please show them some support & love and visit their lovely businesses!
TIPS & TECHNIQUES
New knitter? Looking to learn a new technique? Check out our Tips & Techniques section for helpful posts, videos, tutorials and more!
KNIT ALONG DIRECTORY
Interested in our other Knit Alongs? Click here to find our full knit along directory!
ALL IMAGES © QUINCE & CO. (except advertisements)