I love zippered pouches. I simply can't seem to have enough of them. So when I got asked to join in the Observer Fabric Tour by my lovely and oh, so talented friend April Rhodes, I knew I had to sew up Anna Graham's (of Noodlehead) new pattern for her Petal Pouches. First off, I'm absolutely 100% obsessed with April's new fabric line Observer. I always love her lines but oh boy does this one hit home for me. It's absolutely stunning! I sincerely love each print. And the fact that's it's Art Gallery Fabrics is icing on the cake. You all know how much I love me some AGF!
I've got a few other prints from Observer set aside for a new bag pattern I'm working on (yay!!! think yarn storage and more) that I hope to get out this year. I'm dying over the prints Indigo Window Crystal and Homespun Praxis and just had to save them for the new bag. The Observer line is so versatile! Be it clothing, accessories, quilting or home decor - Observer has you covered! I almost hung one of them up on my wall I loved it so much! April is just sooooo good!
Anna's Petal Pouches pattern was originally was published in the amazing first issue of Making. You can now purchase the pattern in Anna's shop HERE if you're so inclined to sew up one of these fun pouches. Her patterns are always easy to follow with gorgeous results. I couldn't resist making both sizes.
I decided to use Aprils print Triangle Tokens Ink for the large size. It's hard to see on my pouch but some of the triangles are this fun metallic. I adore little pops like that! I plan on using this one for knitting notions and more. For the lining print I used Speck Bronze. I then finished it off with some cute leather cording I picked up from Dry Goods Design in Seattle last year (seriously adore that shop - if you're ever in Seattle it's a must visit).
For the smaller size I used Mesh With Me Worn for the outer fabric and again used Speck Bronze for the lining - cause I like it so much. I desperately needed something to keep my earphones and gym pass in so I don't lose them over and over in my bag. I'm a sucker for keeping things organized in cute handmade pouches. So much nicer :) It fits perfectly in the palm of my hand - so darn cute!
Ok seriously! I mean look at these babies from Observer below! Swoon!!!!! And this is only a few from the Observer line! I always love her lines so much I sometimes think she's in my brain poking around....lol. Another fabulous line April! Congrats hun! You are so inspiring! I can't wait to sew more with these bad boys!
OBSERVER FABRIC TOUR
You can follow along with the Observer Fabric Tour on social media with hashtag #OBSERVERfabrictour. There's a fabulous line up of fun projects being sewn up! Next up is the lovely Kate of See Kate Sew - seekatesew.com, IG - @seekatesew!
You can view the entire line from Observer on Art Gallery Fabrics HERE.
Thanks again for having me along on the tour April! Luv ya hun! xoxox
Have you guys sewn with Observer yet? Do you love it too? Have you made a Petal Pouch? Coffee's on - come chat :)
#OBSERVERFABRICS and #OBSERVERFABRICTOUR
- August 30th – I Love You Sew – IG – @loveyousew_
- August 31st – Fancy Tiger – IG – @fancytigercrafts
- September 1st – Suzy Quilts – IG – @suzyquilts
- September 2nd – Cotton Bottom Designs – IG – @CottonBottomDesigns
- September 6th – The Tattooed Quilter – IG – @the_tattooed_quilter
- September 9th – Ginger Peach – IG – @jennrossotti
- September 12th – Giucy Giuce – IG – @giucy_giuce
- September 13th – Delia Creates – IG – @deliacreates
- September 14th – Very Shannon – IG – @soveryshannon
- September 15th – See Kate Sew – IG – @seekatesew
- September 16th – Sweet Littles Handmade – IG – @sweetlittleshandmade
- September 19th – Kid Giddy – IG – @kidgiddy
- September 20th – Holly Gets Quilty – IG – @hollygetsquilty
- September 22nd – Christine Haynes – IG – @christinehaynes
- September 23rd – Made by Rae – IG – @madebyrae
- September 26th – Noodle Head – IG – @noodlehead531
- September 27th – Finch Knitting + Sewing Studio – IG – @finchknittingandsewingstudio
- September 28th – The Sara Project – IG – @thesaraproject_
- September 29th – My Sweet Sunshine – IG – @mysweetsunshine
- September 30th – Colette – IG – @ColettePatterns
- October 3rd – Closet Case Files – IG – @closetcasefiles
- October 4th – Sari Ditty – IG – @sariditty
- October 5th – Jen Anderson – IG – @littlewifepowerhouse