(from Dare to Be Square Quilting)
i thought i would give you all a sneak peek at some of the books i'm coveting at the moment. these lovelies are full of quilting and patchwork goodness! i could only afford to buy them all in my dreams so i'm crossing my fingers that my local library will eventually get a few of them in.
if i could imagine a wonderful, gorgeous, filled to the brim, craft library these would be the latest books i would want for my quilting section :) so come in from the rain, pull up a cushy seat, grab your hot chocolate & knitted throw and let's drool over some wonderful crafty goodies!
1) Dare to Be Square Quilting by Boo Davis
2) The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker by Elizabeth Hartman
1. Fresh Fabric Treats: 16 Yummy Projects to Sew from Jelly Rolls, Layer Cakes & More with your Favorite Moda Bake Shop Designers
2. Natural Patchwork: 26 Stylish Projects Inspired by Flowers, Fabric & Home by Suzuko Koseki
3. Block Party - The Modern Quilting Bee: The Journey of 12 Women, 1 Blog, & 12 Improvisational Projects by Alissa Haight Carlton, Denyse Schmidt, Kristen Lejnieks
1. City Quilts: 12 Dramatic Projects Inspired by Urban Views by Cherri House
2. Quilting Line & Color: Techniques and Designs for Abstract Quilts by Yoshiko Jinzenji
1. Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, & Inspiration by Malka Dubrawsky
2. Whip Up Mini Quilts: Patterns & How-To for 20 Contemporary Small Quilts by Kathreen Ricketson
3. Simplify with Camille Roskelley: Quilts for the Modern Home by Camille Roskelley
4. Material Obsession 2: Modern Quilts with Traditional Roots by Kathy Doughty & Sarah Fielke
feeling inspired? don't they all look fabulous? i love books. some of you already know i worked in book stores for a huge chunk of my twenties and there are days i really miss it. one of my dreams since i was a little girl is to have my own book one day. i talk about it incessantly to the hubs and to anyone else who will listen. so for 2011 my new year's resolution is to make this happen. i've got a fabulous idea for a kick-butt craft book & i'm super excited about it! now i just need to find the time to get my book proposal in gear and an awesome publisher to take a chance on me! so oh gods of the blogosphere...if you hear me..send this message to the right ears :P
some of you expressed some interest in knowing my fave sewing books as well. don't fret - i plan on doing a post on those as well. you don't have to ask me twice to talk about books. in fact we've got a great author coming on next month as part of her blogging book tour and we'll be hosting a giveaway for you all! so stay tuned!
what would be in your dream craft library? what books on quilting would you buy if money was no object? which ones are you looking forward to reading the most? who is your fave quilting author? let's share :)