a few weeks ago i spotted the new quilt patterns from melissa of lunden designs sewing patterns. i fell instantly in love. what can i say? curves, curves, curves and of course, birch fabrics! a win/win in my book people!
you all know i'm a huge fan of birch organic fabrics (the patterns were inspired by them) and i adore sewing curves. so when melissa generously offered up a chance for me to review her newest patterns & for you to win them i, of course, willingly obliged. hello....how could i say no right?...lol.
i mean look at this quilt? it's been fixated in my mind for weeks. i kept staring at it on my pinterest board and drooling over that yummy block. i looooove it. i can definitely see this quilt, which is called "star gazer", being made in our house sooner than later.
but let's not forget "by sea or by land" either! i adore this one as well! both quilts are fun, modern and great for showcasing your fave fabric lines. both of melissa's patterns are suitable for anyone looking to try out a quilt with curves so don't be scared. it really is easier than you think it is and melissa walks you through each step.
lunden designs sewing patterns are very clear, well written and include full size pattern pieces and diagrams/illustrations along with each pattern. she explains each step in a way that makes it accessible and easy to follow as well as includes helpful tips and hints to make the process as simple as possible.
|lunden designs quilt patterns|
the construction is fun & creative for each quilt. i can't wait to try them both out! both of these patterns use the lovely 100% organic fabrics from birch organic fabric and were inspired by them. i've had the pleasure of sewing with these fabrics more than a few times and they have a lovely hand and are a super soft. a perfect combination for a gorgeous quilt! the modern, retro & whimsical designs that birch organic fabric is known for pair well with melissa's fabulous quilt patterns.
are you ready to find out what you could win? yay! so excited!
|1. storyboek two 2. scamper|
*this giveaway is now closed*THE PRIZE
- one lucky winner will receive a copy of "star gazer" and "by sea or by land" quilt patterns as well as the following fabrics:
* six - 1/4 yards of storyboek II prints (either in boy or girl colorway) from birch organic fabric
* nine - 1/3 yards of scamper prints from birch organic fabric
wowsa!!!! what an awesome prize!!!! someone is gonna be one lucky winner! thank you melissa & cynthia!
HOW TO ENTER
- simply leave me a comment below telling me which quilt pattern of lunden designs sewing patterns you would make first.
- *bonus entry: follow luvinthemommyhood and/or birch fabrics on facebook and come back and leave a separate comment telling me you did so.
- you must leave a valid email in your comment or you will be disqualified.
- giveaway is open until august 20, 2012, midnight PST.
you can find more on birch fabrics and lunden designs below:
good luck everyone! i cannot wait to see who wins! a big thank you as well to melissa of lunden designs and also to cynthia of birch organic fabric for the generous and awesome prizes!