|© Jared Flood / Brooklyn Tweed|
You've all been so patiently waiting the dates for this years Summer Sweater Knit Along and I couldn't keep it secret any longer! We've got some AMAZING guest posts planned, dreamy prizes, tutorials and more for this year's KAL! You won't want to miss it! We will have our handy Summer Sweater Knit Along Home Page up on my website next week! You will always be able to find all of the posts and relevant info on that page as well as our BIG reveal on who our Official Sponsor is for the SSKAL!
Never made a garment before? Looking to try a new technique? Don't worry! Our knit alongs are suitable to any level and we're here to cheer you on and help you through the process. We've got a lively, friendly and supportive ravelry group that's filled with moderators and members always willing and able to help answer questions and give support. We're lots of fun and the group is very active and chatty during our kal's. Think of it as sitting each week with hundreds of ladies knitting/crocheting alongside you cheering you on every step of the way! Trust me - it's fun! We've also got a brand new Tips & Techniques page for you to find all of our curated posts from all of our knit alongs. There's tutorials, how to's, free patterns and more!
What can I make?
For the Summer Sweater Knit Along you can make any sweater, cardigan, pullover you would like! It can also be a child's sweater or you can jump in with a WIP that you've been dying to finish! We also don't mind if you double up on KAL projects - we're easy going and just want you to have fun knitting with us! Just in case you need some extra inspiration you can follow and get inspiration on our Summer Sweater Knit Along Pinterest Board! We're starting to pin now and will also be adding member project choices too!
Make sure to use our hashtag #sskal14 on social media so we can follow along with your projects!! Our last kal was sooooo fun to follow on Instagram! We all had a good time watching each other's WIP's!
What happens at the end of the kal?
If you you haven't done a knit along with us before you don't want to miss the end rewards! When we are all done we celebrate with me showing off some of your finished projects on the blog here with our "Starring You Post" and then I host a giant giveaway with awesome prizes from our KAL sponsors!!!! All you have to do is sign up (link & info below) and have started or complected your project to be eligible.
|© Jared Flood / Brooklyn Tweed|
Start: July 30th
End: September 24th with a fun giveaway!
- You can KNIT OR CROCHET ANY PATTERN OF YOUR LIKING that fits under the category of a sweater, cardigan, pullover etc.. This can be either for an adult or a child. Any weight of yarn can be used.
- You can enter knitting on a WIP and you are also allowed to double up on KAL's if you'd like.- You don't need to finish your project (though we love it if you do) to be eligible for the giveaway but you do need to start. We really want to encourage people to knit together and form a sense of community and online friendships.
- There will be a topic thread in our ravelry group that you can chat away about your projects, share patterns, cheer each other on and more. Have fun with it!
- Have fun! For reals! That's a rule..lol! You must have fun!
- If you're not on ravelry feel free to share your pics and chat in the comments. We love when you guys comment on the blog and it's also a fun place to have convos and share your blog posts as well.
// SIGN UP
Enter your info into this private form tobe eligible for the prizes for the giveaway! You must have a project in progress during the KAL to be eligible. Projects already begun before the KAL started are allowed to be joined into the KAL. You can also double up KAL's if you are in an existing KAL with that project.
You can sign up by filling in the form below.
*Note: you must be signed up to be eligible to win the giveaway prizes at the end of the knit along.
// HOW TO JOIN IN!
1. RAVELRY. Find the KAL running in the Very Shannon Ravelry Group. The thread to chat in will be up today sometime so you can all pop in and share which projects you will be making, swatches, yarn choices etc. This is the part I find the most fun! I love all the chatting, friendships, laughs and support. If you haven't joined in over there before for our KAL's you should give it a try.
2. PINTEREST. We will have a fun Summer Sweater Knit Along Pinterest Board where you can find other projects pinned to see different yarns & patterns and to get inspiration. We will be adding to this pinboard as the KAL progresses throughout the month so please share your projects pics with us! We love to see them!
3. BLOGS. Each week throughout the KAL, I will both be posting here on the blog along with some special guests. You will be able to read the posts hopefully every Wed throughout the duration of the knit along. Please feel free to join in and post on Wed as well and share your links in the comments so we can read your posts too!
4. SOCIAL MEDIA. You can follow along with pics and more with the hashtag #sskal14. You can find me on facebook, twitter, instagram and google+.
5. HOME PAGE. You can always keep up to date with all the posts, sponsors, details & more for the SSKAL on our homepage Summer Sweater Knit Along Homepage HERE (coming soon!).
Are you joining in? What sweater/yarn will you be using? Thanks for knitting along with me!