i figured a nice, bright jolt of color would help to shake up our wednesday and this pic definitely caught my eye - you all know my obsession with buttons!
1) i love the simplicity of this tutorial for a travel changing pad - so easy! this is a must make for any busy mom on the go. (via one pretty thing)
2) head on over to calico to find out how to revamp some of your headbands this season! a fun tute!
3) i thought the idea to use old valentine cards to make a sweet bunting was clever and resourceful! click here to find out how to make your own. (via whip up)
grace over on whimsy loft shows you how to make this adorable sock owl for the little ones in your life. (via whip up)
why not make a valentine's robot this holiday? sew green shows you how.
another fab tutorial in the "celebrate the boy" series this month. check out the tute for this trinket keepers tutorial (great for girls too) over on amazing mae!
0hhhh, i'm loving it! another anthrocopy from over on made by lex (previously my mama made it). i adore this top! great job alexis!1) i can't get enough of these hooded scarfs from pretty ditty. this is my fave!
2) whip up some patchwork pillow covers with this tute from things we make.
3) the ever so talented ashley from lil blue boo shows us how to recover and revamp a nursery rocker to add some spice to your room!
4) isn't this just so lovely? i love how fresh and simple this is for valentine's day. (via craftzine)
i need to get my hands on a pair of these! love them! the etsy shop "wooly baby" makes all their wool slippers from recycled sweaters for sizes newborn to 4 years old!!!! so precious!! i want a pair for myself!
1) freshly picked has a tutorial for an easy elastic waist skirt for all us mom's and non-mom's out there!
2) here's a fun refashion from "sew much ado" for a toddler ruffle skirt.
3) ruffles and stuff shows how to make this gorgeous scrunch belt.
4) the lovely ladies over at kojo designs have a tutorial up for this cute plaid and lace schoolgirl skirt for your little one!
1) a former "moms in the mommyhood" shaelynn benner shows us how to make ruffle neck scarf!
2) there's a lovely little diy for these pretty fabric flowers over on 100 layer cake. (via creature comforts)
3) got a cardigan kicking around that needs some vamping up? check out this tute for making that cardi look like something that wasn't your grandmother's.
i wish i had enough quilting skills built up that i could tackle this blocks and stripes quilt from "film in the fridge", it's gorgeous!
alicia paulson from posie gets cozy (also the author of one of my fave sewing books) has a beautiful, pattern up for sale in her shop for this sunshine day baby afgahn - i just might have to make this, it keeps calling to me. darn you alicia!
things i'm luving this week:
- the precious birth stories and memories being shared over on design mom.
- mags from one of my fave blogs "smashed peas and carrots" shares two great tutorials for a repurposed girls shirt to toddler dress and little girls shirt sleeves to leg warmers. so adorable! these are on my "must sew" list!
- free mini kit from melissa of "isly" over on design house digital just in time for valentine's day or some free twitter page backgrounds from "ollibird".
- the new to me blog "mrs lilien styling house" - love the the little tales and characters she whips up to go with her posts each day, so fun!
- new etsy shop from the blog "whatever".
- make sure you head over to the rik rak studio to vote for the 2010 handmade olympics!!!
- the new album making me swoon from the oh, so talented corinne bailey rae.
- the creative maven has a fun little craft to make a valentine for the tea lover after your heart with a play on the word sweetie (sweetea) in the shape of a tea bag. go check it out!
what are you luving this week? do you have a tutorial you would like to see up here next week? send me an email!
p.s. if any of you featured in the roundup would like a "featured on luvinthemommyhood" button for your blog just send a quick email my way to firstname.lastname@example.org and i'll send you one right over - thanks for your support :)