ohhhh, i want this pillow! they are from a shop called plytextiles and are made from 100% recycled sweaters that are then felted and turned into these charming treasures - how lovely! (via decor 8)
learn how to make some cute belts for the little boys (or girls) in your life with this tute from meg from "elsie marley" over on "made by rae" for celebrate the boy month.
if you've been wondering where marichelle of "heart handmade" has gone, well she's now over at the fabulously lovely "nice package", a new collaboration consisting of her and ez from "creature comforts". those two together as a team....i seriously don't know how you could go wrong :)
i am swooning over their new shop/blog/site. it's filled with pretty diy's, tutes and wonderful packaging ideas with lots of goodies for sale!!! go on over and drool with me! you can find the above pic's how to there and make some of your very own romantic matchbooks.
melissa from isly has a great little post showing how you can sport some spring time fresh pom poms in your hair! perfect for you and your little girl!
i've been on the lookout for great baby room tutorials and this one from "prudent baby" shows you how to make a custom diaper pad cover.
lil'blue boo has the sweetest lil'tute up today....oh how i want a pair of those piggies for my socks! learn how to make animal sock pompoms for your little ones tootsies!
isn't this guy cute? don't you wanna make one? if you do, head on over to chez beeper bebe for the pattern and tute. (via whip up)
1) dana from made has a tutorial up that i definitely need! i have been a bit chicken to try dying any clothes of mackenzie's but now after her reading how to, i'm sold! go check it out!
2) dwell has new bedding coming out in april - so i hear....i'm lusting after this set. ohhhhh, if only i could afford to buy this set, or at least get target to finally ship to canada so i can buy their other line there. damn you target!!
3) make a nifty wallet out of the cuff from a men's dress shirt over on replayground. (via craftzine)
4) samster's mommy has a handy how to up for turning a sweater into a tunic for your little girl.
ruffles and stuff is keeping my link luv's busy the last couple of weeks - wowsa! she definitely has no shortage of projects lately! this week she has a fantastic and super handy roundup on how to make your wee one's clothes last longer once they are stained, too small..etc.
things i'm luving this week:
- i heard and saw possibly one of the most romantic things of all time. i'm not going to even attempt to explain this...but please, just go over to "jen loves kev" (one of my fave fashion reads) and check out this post...it will make your heart melt and maybe bring a tear to your eye. the best part is that you can join in and spread the love! (hint - it's in the video that starts off with their wedding)
- a sweet and easy pillow sham tutorial over on fussy monkey biz.
- the new sade album and lady antebellum, can't stop playing these two this week.
- issue 6 of parasol mag is out for downloading
- simply stated from real simple has a post with their top 10 design hubs for parents.
- that there is a "so you think you can decorate" starting now too! check it out!
- the new issue of modern handmade child.
- the sewing dork has a little knit pants refashion.
- great listing from mique of thirty handmade days for links for beginner sewers with how to's and projects.
- all of your super sweet votes for me in "the lovelies"! i appreciate every single one of them - you guys rock! thanks for all the super sweet words, i treasure them and it feels great to know others are enjoying what i love to do.
p.s. if any of you featured in the roundup would like a "featured on luvinthemommyhood" button for your blog just send a quick email my way to email@example.com and i'll send you one right over - thanks for your support :)